Christopher P. Stephens, Bookman

Chris Stephens has been a book dealer since 1965 - earlier if you count childhood buying and selling.

Stephens has sold major collections to university libraries all over the world. He has operated appealing bookstores in Mt. Carroll, Illinois, Hastings on Hudson, NY and several in NYC, NY. He is a wholesale dealer to other bookstores all over the world.

Chris loves books.

Stephens now maintains a lively internet operation out of his new home in Scranton, PA.


Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Gordon Parks


Gordon Parks did so many different things. So well. What made him strike out artistically in all those directions?
This is what Parks himself says about his many pursuits in Creativity:

"Perhaps if I had been fortunate enough to have gone on to college, to study medicine, engineering or whatever, I would not have become involved in so many other things. More than likely I wold have given all my time to one chosen avocation. As it happened I tried several fields. If case one failed me I could turn to another one. Finally, it means that I was forced to rid myself of the insecurities that the lack of education brought me. But, in retrospect, I honestly say that I enjoyed the uncertainty of the broader and more precarious adventure."

Parks explains part of his philosophy as recognition of "... the need of man simply to dream. To dream remarkable and impossible dreams and to have the desire to fulfil those dreams."

No comments:

Post a Comment